Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Brodrick Wells

Hello all, I am crying out for help.. I have viewed a lot of the threads and no one has seemed to have the complications I am experiencing.. I had a lamenectomy(thoracic region of back) June 12 2017.. Three weeks in recovery I had no complications and about the fourth week I started experiencing swelling and inflammation around the incision site which makes it complicated to lay on my back, sit upright in a chair even with a pillow or even walk as it feels like something is pulling when I walk.. I went to the doctor who is my neurosurgeon and he drained the fluid and it re occurred within less than 24 hours!  He refuses to do another needle stick to drain the fluid! I don't have a lot of pain it's just more discomfort than anything and the incision is swollen so large you can actually see through my clothes. 

The Dr stated that my surgery was very unusual in that the MRI showed one tumor, but as he began surgery he noticed another tumor growing inside my dura which is spinal sac that he had to open and remove and he could not close the sac back all the way due to muscle tissue and bone! He also states that it's not an active leak of fluid and wants to go back in and do another surgery through same incision to drain the fluid by placing a lumbar drain in as he states that my only option is another surgery at 6 weeks from the initial one! I am scared to death as the doctor stated that this would not guarantee that I wouldn't have another pocket of fluid build up! Anyone please help and provide any suggestions! I have an appointment scheduled with another doctor which specializes in non surgical spine procedures! I have also turned to herbal supplements and ice packs which were a complete waste of money! Any information will be greatly appreciated!

advertisement