Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Recover from the Surgery and rehab

I had L5S1 done march 2016, then had L3/4 Sept. 2016. Then three months later started to feel like a stabbing pain and feeling some warm sensation in my lower back. My Surgeon decided to fuse L4/5 due to the bulging of the disc. He thought that this might address the feelings I had, I also had nerve pain down right leg to inner part of leg. July 2017 I was to have L4/5 TLIF BMP with hardware done. When he opened me up he saw that the pedicle screws were loose and come out on 2 of them, a rod had come loose and cut into my muscle. So my doc had to redo L5S1 and L3/4 and do l4/5. the recovery is still very painful. My Doctor said he had to remove a lot of my muscle due to scar tissue. I hope this is the last surgery i'll have. Rehab was not fun. but I knew I had to use every bit of it to start recovery. I am now having Bayada nurses and PT coming over my house 2 times a week. I found that you should push yourself with exercise and whtever they give you to do. Just remember to not push too far as it can hurt your recovery. Be strong but don't be too strong.

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,522

Very true words.

Recovery and Physical Therapy are not always easy.   I read so many times when people say that after PT they felt worse.

That is probably true, after one or two sessions.  But after a couple of sessions, you should start to see the benefits of PT.   Unless your therapist is not doing the correct job or if you are not following directions, then you might have more problems.

You should push yourself, but within boundaries.  No two people have the same boundaries, so, I can not spell it out here.   You know your own body.  You know when too much is too much.  But in the same vein, there needs to be a bit of pushing.   PT is not meant to be a relaxing activity.  It is geared up to help correct some of the situations that got you here in the first place.

I am not a fan of NO PAIN, NO GAIN.  That is for your weekend warriors

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,357

hello mech1960

welcome to spine-health

so sorry you had to go through all of that. but there is a reason for everything. sounds like your surgeon saved you from a lot of pain in the future.
    i'm a big fan of pt, i know what it can do if you put the effort into it. thanks for the great advice!!

please click on the welcome link below for more information.

welcome to spine health

keep us posted on your progress.
    Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement