Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

It's time for me to post.

I'm Debbie, aka nerdy critter and I am a very young 47 that feels very old :)  I only have that name because I am sincerely nerdy and love little critters.  I have been reading so many posts over the past several months without engaging.  I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease and spinal stenosis along with many other things in my neck.  It was the first time I heard the term "Cervical" and I could only think that was a female issue lol 

Speed up to now, things have progressively gotten worse and I have lumbar spine problems, osteoarthritis, facet join disease, bone spurs, bulding discs seemingly everywhere.  Almost every disc in my neck is bad, and I had to go on FMLA and short term disability through my work.  I wish I could say I've found the silver lining but it's not there yet, but it will definitely be there, somewhere, somehow.  I will not give up hope. 

It's been a blessing to read so many stories and know that I am not alone and going crazy in my own little world.  I wouldn't wish what I have on anyone and I'm sure others feel the same.  I am grateful to find this site and thank you, in advance, for your welcome.

advertisement

Comments

• Hello NerdyCritter

Welcome to Spine-Health

Please use the link below for more info about and in Spine-Health

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Hi Debbie,

Nothing nerdy about liking little critters .  Love all critters myself.  We have small lizards called geckos where I live and I adore them.  Even have a tattoo of one. Also love spiders and play with them often .  Anita sometimes thinks I'm weird .  I feel your pain as I have been off work for six months now with little to no prospect of returning to the work I love.  Might get something else which would suit my spine when I heal from my fusion but that is still a long way off.  Its quite an emotional roller coaster as we tend to judge our self worth by our work as others sometimes wrongly judge us.

You will find the forum a great place to hang out with people who really do understand.

Welcome,

Phil

• advertisement
  • Anita you will scare the poor girl off.... she loves critters not steps on them  :).

• Phil and Aneita - you just made me laugh entirely too much.  I am such a people-person and in my job, every day, I would talk to 50 or more people and really get to know them, have great conversations.  I miss it so much.  I would stop in to get coffee at different places and always strike up a conversation; never meeting a stranger.  I didn't realize how much I missed that until reading your posts - that was awesome.

Phil... I was smiling, reading your post. (aww geckos) then not smiling reading your post - (spiders -Holy Mother of Goat's Milk) and read Aneita thinks I'm weird and I about fell out of my bed I laughed so much. 

I'm still laughing!

Thank you for the welcome.  I will check out the walking group post. And thank you too, William.

advertisement