Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Lower back pain from lifting weights

Back in March I injured myself while doing deadlifts. At the time it seemed like just a pulled muscle and I took two weeks off from the gym while also taking over the counter anti-inflammatory meds. After two weeks the pain subsides and everything seemed normal so I went back to the gym. 

A week later I was doing deadlifts again and worked my way up to heavy weight and felt tightness in my lower back followed by pain. After that I had what I would consider 7 out of 10 pain in my entire lower back with limited mobility and stiffness. Assuming I pulled something again I went to the same routine with ice, meds, and rest. 

Over the next few months the pain has slowly gone away but the discomfort and minor pain is there. The only difference now is the discomfort is only felt in the lower left of my back. The pain is a dull almost soreness like pain. It feels like at sever bruise that is being pushed on. It is not always constant it comes and goes. 

I feel it when I'm sitting without a back rest, at work carrying boxes, and sometimes when I'm bending over or trying to stand up. 

If this was recent I wouldn't be too worried but it's been several months and I'm not at 100%. If anyone has any insight on what I might be dealing with please help. 

Thank you for you time. 

advertisement

Comments

• Hello Bodacious

Welcome to Spine-Health

Plese use the link below for more information about Spine-Health and resources inside

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Hi Bodacious,

Have you seen the doctor about it.  We cannot give any medical diagnosis here as its against forum rules but as they say on the ads, if pain persists see your doctor.  There are many types of investigations your doctor can order and with back issues it is always better to catch them early.  In the meantime I would suggest to go easy on the weights and not risk making what is probably a small treatable problem into a larger problem.

Hope this helps,

Phil

• advertisement
  • @bodacious if you're concerned, I would see your doctor. They can start with X-rays, and maybe progress to a MRI. Until then, I would continue with your regimen of rest, ice, meds. You could also try heat to looses the muscles. Heat works better for me with my pain, but everyone is different. Good luck and keep us posted!

Retrolisthesis C4 of C5 and C5 of C6
    Spondylolthesis C5/C6
    Disc protrusions with Annular Tears C3/C4, C4/C5, and C5/C6
    Disc Material Compressing Spinal Cord C3/C4
    Severe Forminal Stenosis C5/C6
    DDD
    Ankylosing Spondylitis 
    Annular Tears L3/L4 and L5/S1
    Enlarged Facet Joints/Facet Anthrosis L3/L4/L5
    PLIF with Rods, Cage, and Pedicle Screws-L4/L5