Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I'm nervous about getting my first spinal cord stimulator

I've had 2 different pain management doctor's tell me a spinal cord stimulator is my best option to relieve my extreme chronic back pain from my failed back surgery syndrome. I was in a car accident where the driver of my vehicle fell asleep at the wheel. I burst fractured my L5. So the went in through the anterior approach. Removed my rib. Pulled out all organs to get to the front 9f my spine. They installed a cage with 2 rods fusing L4 through L6 and installed 2 support rods on the left side where the surgery was performed. Since the day I woke up I've been fighting intense extreme chronic pain. They saved my life. I can walk and have no handicaps except. I've had to eat at least 60 milligrams of Percocet off and on daily just to have a somewhat normal life. I've tried every kind of physical therapy. Gone to multiple doctors for injections, nerve blocks,  you name it. I've done it. I wanted a 2nd and 3rd opinion to put this device in my back and now with the 3rd doctor telling me it could relieve from half to 80 percent 9f my pain and I can be released from the horrid torture of pain killers. I'm 42. I was a professional skateboarder for most of my life. I've al ways toughed through my injuries but this one has broken me. Recently I had 2 brain surgeries to remove a golf ball sized hemmorage from my brain twice. I have cavernous ma malformations in my head. 1 exploded.  I had a mini stroke and 1 month later. I found out they missed a vein. The hemmorage filled back up. I had to go through another brain s surgery to remove it. Since then all my back pain went back to sky high. I now have intense migraines from my surgeries and medications. I want to be rid of pain and pain medications. I've investigated and read many forum reviews of a spcs not working and causing anymore pain. If anyone can give me some advice and information on how much this device works, how it's effected you, and was it the best option for you. Do they really work? Can someone like me with all the hardware and cage benefit frtom one. Or is it a bad decision. Any and all input or advice would be glad, deeply appreciated. God bless you and thank you for your time to read my story.

advertisement

Comments