Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Worried about Nevro implant! I need help.

Hi all:

I had a trial of the Nevro SCS quite a while ago on my low back. I have Fibromyalgia all over my body and RSD/CRPS in numerous areas. The trial seemed to help, but in all honesty, I wasn't sure how much pain was resolved. The surgical pain from the implant was so high, it was hard to tell whether it was working or not. I think I got about 50% relief in my lumbar region. I've had 4 surgeries related to an auto accident in which my back was fractured at the L4/5 level. A transverse process piece was broken off. After that time, I had very chronic pain in my low back and subsequently had spinal fusion surgery with plates, screws and bridges implanted. It seemed better for about a year. 

I also had a work-related brachial-plexus injury with tearing of my right rotator cuff and labrum tissue. I had surgery to repair the tears, but never recovered from it. I got blood clots down my arm then in my legs and lungs. I eventually had a TIA from a clot in my brain and another from a 2nd degree brain bleed from too much Warfarin. Eventually I was diagnosed with RSD in my right arm. I now have it in my right leg and both feet.

My pain management doctor wants me to have a cervical SCS trial and possibly two permanent implants, cervical and lumbar. I am so afraid to get it done after the pain I had from the lumbar trial.

Also of note, my sister had a SCS years ago. It did so much damage to her that there is nothing any doctor can or will do for her other than prescribe heavier and heavier narcotics.

Please send me some help, I feel desperate. What should I do?

advertisement