Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

Lots of Pain after second Spinal Fusion L5

Hi, I've never joined an online group before so please bare with me. I've been unable to find any support groups in my area for people who suffer from chronic pain. So here I am! My quality of life has changed drastically and I'm having a hard time accepting it. My family has heard enough. So any support would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,518
    edited 08/07/2017 - 2:09 PM

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,587

TonyaGB

Tell us about yourself and you will get replies, when we have more information.
    There are a lot of discussion you can read and reply to from members going through the same thing, including myself.
    And that's what we do best here, support.

Take care and hope to hear from you soon.

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  • Hello again:) Like I said in previous post I'm new at this so I guess it will take time to get comfortable. At 19yrs old I was dx with a bulging disc. Had one epidural injection and never had any problems until I was 34yrs old. Not even when I was pregnant with my son. And I weighed a lot! I've never played sports or been in a accident. I had a laminectomy around 2010. That lasted until 2012. Had first spinal fusion in August of 2012. I was told by my surgeon that it had fused. However I stayed in miserable pain constantly. Finally went to another dr and with all the MRI's testing etc it was not fused. So this month August 11th will be my one year anniversary of my second fusion L5. It has hands down ruined my life!! I'm miserable. My hips hurt so bad as well. I've also been dx with fibromyalgia now. I used to be a go getter! I'm 45 yrs old and hardly ever leave my house. It's caused so much depression. The pain Dr I see which was recommended by my surgeon has done numerous injections and ablations. I'm at a loss of how to accept this. The dr that did this last surgery gave me so much hope that I'd feel better. He put 4 screws plus some type of cage. This Thursday I'm having an MRI again of my back & my hips. I'm afraid if it comes back normal and this is just it!!! How my life is. And yes I know people have it much worse than I and sometimes I feel selfish or that I'm on my pity pot.... does anyone have suggestions of medications to try? Is thst ok to talk about. 

Tonya

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,587

Tonya

I understand all the frustration plus being told you have Fibro is like a slap in the face. It makes the pain so much worse. I have had Fibro over 20 yrs. and the best thing the doctor put me on was Savella. We tried everything and for me this worked so much better.
    Are you on any meds for the pain? Pain needs to be addressed and managed by your pain management (PM) doctor.
    This is a great place for support and to vent if you have to, we all do. Sometimes just having someone who understands can be helpful.
    Take care and keep us posted.

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
advertisement