Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Essential oils for pain relief.

Hi, my spine doctor said he wants me to get the steroid injection in my neck. I have bad discs in c4/5/6. I'm not ready to go that route yet, definitely near future but not next week. I want to try massage therapy using essential oils and pressure points. Only thing I haven't tried for pain relief, and I'd rather try an all natural route before going with a huge needle. (Big big baby with needles) has anyone tried massage therapy using pressure points and essential oils and was successful? Also if it worked how often did you do it? Thanks 

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,288

@Alyssaw16

Over the years dealing with chronic pain, I have tried so many different modules to help manage pain.    Please take a look at a discussion I started years ago The Blend   That talks about a concept in the different things people can try to help with their pain.

I used essential oils for about a year.  My Thai deep tissue massage guru turned me on to different oils.   I used them and still do a little today.  Some of them I have found relaxing, but nothing long term.

As far as massage, there is nothing more than deep/soft tissue massage.  It is very painful, but it gets to the root of many problems.

As far as pressure points, I've done acupuncture with and without electrical stimulation for years.  It works well, but my only negative on that is that is never last long.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • I will have to check out the blend. Thank you for your response!!

• advertisement