Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

This forum kept me sane

Hello everyone! I'm 23 with my first L5 herniation. Mine was so nice as to bring along severe sciatica! I felt a pop about 4 months ago as I stood up and was walking in pain for 3 days but was able to continue life after like nothin had happened. Fast forward to 2 weeks ago. I am at my construction job and feel a softer version of the firstborn pop as I stand up. Felt sore in my back for 2 days. The 3rd day was the worst pain I had ever experienced. I couldn't move, I was in tears. By night I had severe pain in my leg and back. My leg and back started to spasm and i don't remember much after that. I ended up in an ambulance and taken to the hospital. As a recovering addict (3 years sober) I have always refused any opiates or pain killers. They gave me a shot of something that started with a T and sent me home. Couldn't move for a week, got very depressed. Wanted someone to know how much pain I was in because I felt so alone. These forums kept me sane. I read so many. I learned so much and it brought me to tears just to know someone else had felt this pain and even have had worse! I want to say thank you to Spine-Health and everyone here. You kept me up. I am now starting PT and only experiencing severe burning on the top of my foot and stabbing pains in toes haha but I can manage with that. I am very lucky to be moving again so soon according to what I've read. I have a lot of respect for a lot of you and the pain you bear through on a daily basis. Well anyway so THANK YOU!!!!

advertisement

Comments

• Hi Fishsticks801,

Congrats on your sobriety! I am new to this forum and I totally agree with you; these posts have kept me sane and bring great comfort just knowing there are people that can relate to the pain, anxiety, and wide-range of emotions we are going through. What was your diagnosis? What were those "pops" in your back? Are you still working construction? If so, please be careful!

Thank you for sharing. I too am appreciate of this site and of everyone's posts. I hope you're doing/feeling much better and that you have a great recovery.

• Hi Fishsticks801,

Welcome to Spine-health. It is so good to read that the site has helped you so much.

There is a wealth of information on here that you can research and also comments added by fellow suffers.  You can also use the search box at the top of the page for any questions you cannot find answers to.  This will lead you to old posts for more information.

You didn't mention having an MRI.  Were you offered one?  If not, this may be something that would give you a precise diagnosis to what is happening on the inside.  PT is a good option for some conditions but can aggravate others, so just checking you have been offered one or considered one.

I am sorry for your pain and hope you can find some relief very soon.

Please keep us updated

AJ

AJGormit
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017
  • advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,776

Hello Fishsticks801

Welcome to Spine-Health

Congratulations on your sobriety!! And many thanks for the compliments to Spine-Health. We have a lot of very good, caring and supportive members, just like Aj and perronieh. 

Please click on the Welcome link below for more information to get you started on the forum.

Welcome to Spine Health

Please keep us posted on how you are doing.
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History