Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

Introduction

Hello All,

I'm new to the site, but not to spine issues. I am a 37 year old woman in Arizona, which is fantastic in the winter. My problems and pain started about 15 years ago while playing rugby and snowboarding in college.  My first fusion was in 2008, discectomy in 2015, revision of my discectomy in 2016, and I'm currently pending my second fusion November 2017. I have gone from being an extremely active person, to trying to figure out how to live a more calm life involved in activities that are more gentle on my back. I'm a work in progress on that front, and it's been a challenge and heartbreaking at times. But I keep getting up everyday, put on a smile, and keep moving. I have my bad days for sure, but do my best to limit a bad/negative attitude to only one day. After that I remind myself it could be worse. I wake up each morning and have such a great support system around me which definitely helps. I find a bad attitude and focusing on my pain really only makes it worse for me. It's hard right now because I've been hurting so bad, but I find laying around makes it worse so I set a goal of doing something everyday. I've enjoyed reading posts on here and hearing about other people's experiences. I look forward to interacting and chatting with everyone. 

advertisement

Comments

• I'm new here, also.  I'm trying to figure out if I can still travel to all of the places I wanted to go in retirement, like Angor Wat and Madagascar, and all of the places I want to return to, using a walking stick or two.  I've always been active, walking for miles and doing lots of heavy lifting.  It is really hard to adjust but it sounds like you are doing a great job.  Keep it up.

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,587

Hello FloweringVenus

Welcome to Spine-Health

We also look forward to you talking to everyone. It sounds like you have a great attitude and sometimes other members need that.
    We've always stressed on here about having a positive attitude, it can make a big difference.
    As Nov. gets closer, join our November Surgery Buddies (or put your name in now). Go to the right of the page to Surgery Buddies and click on it, go to the lest and find Nov. and tell your story.
    We look forward to having you there.

Please click on the Welcome link below for more information to get you started on the forum.

Welcome to Spine Health

Take care and keep us posted.
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,587

Hello sstarl1324

Welcome to Spine-Health

Glad you are here!! If you would like your own discussion started on the board, look below to the Start a New Discussion box. Click on it and tell your story.
    Hope to see you in latest discussions, you also sound like a person with a very positive attitude.

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • RDavidGRRDavidG Jacksonville FlPosts: 0

Sandra is completely correct as well as your positive attitude. It took me awhile after my fusion to finally realize that but once I did the cloud of depression lifted! I know longer think of what I can't do, but of what I can do! Again welcome!

advertisement