Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Post op pain L4-5 fusion Day 13

pamsterpamster Hurst,Texas 76054Posts: 6

Hello, 

When can a person expect some pain relief from this surgery?

I had a fusion of L4-5 with a bone graft from S1 on July 31, 2017

Panster

advertisement

Comments

• Hi Pam,

I feel your pain.  I just had a Lumbar laminectomy at L3-4 on 7/10.  I have been in worse pain than before surgery.  I was in such pain I could not stand up and even passed out a couple of weeks ago.  They ran another MRI and finally sent me for another pain shot last week.  I have been sick from it since I got it.

I think the answer to your question is a long time.  I talked to some other offices to get a second opinion and they won't even look at you for 6 months until everything is mostly healed.  I don't think our surgeons do a very good job for letting us know the pain we are in for.  I have just decided to lay back for a couple of months and see where it goes.

My wife is getting a fusion I believe in the same place as yours in a couple of weeks.  She talked to a lot of people and 6 months seems to be the common answer for healing.

• Hi Panster, sorry to hear you are still in so much pain.  That being said you are still very recent from surgery.  Some are lucky enough to have immediate relief, others take a bit longer. Did you have any nerve compression? For me that was a big issue with the nerves waking up.  And am still having issues nearly 9 months post surgery.  If you are really concerned maybe ring your Dr's rooms to share your concerns. 

Hope you get some answers. 

Regards Meema 

• advertisement