Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Posterior fusion after anterior fusion

Hello all! I am new here and have a upcoming posterior fusion. I had a anterior fusion 2 years ago and it is not fusing and the screws are loosening. In 4 weeks I will be having a posterior fusion and was looking for some help as to what I can expect in the future with hardware in the front and back of my neck. I am concerned about loosing mobility and the feeling of stiffness in my neck. Also looking for some help as to the best way to sleep until the neck brace comes off

advertisement

Comments

• I'm having the exact same thing.  Please comment if you have had posterior after anterior. 

• I'm new to the group but I was referred to a new surgeon . the last wanted me to have the anterior posterior fusion all on the same day. hopefully tomorrow I will find out if new doctor agrees. I've been off work for a month already. the stinging and pain is awful hopefully I will have answers tomorrow. good luck to the both of you. hopefully we can stay in touch and compare stories. 

• advertisement
  • I am new to his forum.  I am 51 yrs old. 8 days post anterior /posterior lumbar fusion.  I am doing real good so far I think, still have pain of course but managing with Norco.  I am wondering what the expected  healing time is for this surgery from someone who has had this surgery.

• I am new to this forum.  I am 51 yrs old. 8 days post anerior /posterior lumbar fusion.  I am doing real good so far I think, still have pain of course but managing with Norco.  I am wondering what the expected  healing time is for this surgery from someone who has had this type of surgery.

advertisement