Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Hi all,

I'm in the UK and went through a tricky TLIF on Thursday last week. This corrected an unstable, 17 year old spondylolisthesis with foraminal stenosis with any luck!

I'm hoping to find some support here during my post op recovery.

• RDavidGRRDavidG Jacksonville FlPosts: 0

Welcome ceretrea! You've came to the best, supportive site on the web! Here you'll find extensive information as well as meet others who've had or will have the same, so pull up a chair and make yourself at home!

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,437

Hi ceretrea!!

Welcome to Spine-Health

So you are 7 days out, how are you feeling? I'm also curious, what was the tricky part? And what part of your spine, cervical, lumbar?
    While you are waiting on other members to reply, besides our wonderful David, go to the search box at the top right of the page, key in TLIF, scroll down, and you will find other discussions on this topic.

Please click on the Welcome link below to get you started on the forum.

Welcome to Spine Health

Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  • Hi ceretrea

I am also from the UK and had a TLIF L4-S1 7 weeks ago tomorrow :-)

Tell us more - that's if you can type ok.

That first week is hard work but it does get better.  I mourned the loss of my Wallis implant which wasn't doing its job at the end sadly and celebrated the loss of my catheter bag on the fourth day from memory !

I came home on my 6th day if my memory serves me correctly.  Hope you have good pain relief?

Take care

Spine-Health Moderator

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017