Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

pain

elviseelvis Posts: 79
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:22 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
hi yea my name is carol
my husband as ddd and i dont now what i can do for him with the pain he goes for Physical Therapy evry week and the have given him 6 exercise to do every day but the pain his there all the time and when we go for a walk his foot goes numb as well he as told the Physical Therapy this and she said that its part of getting better when he does the exercise he can feel some thing rubbin in his back and the pain then today he went out to buy a paper this morring and he came back in quite a lot of pain and had to sit down for a while i dont now if this is noramal for this to happen with ddd could someone please tell me if the rubbin in the back and the foot going numb is what should happen
advertisement

Comments

• go back and ask the doc. I do not think that the numbness is a good sign but do not know for sure. when I was in PT and my left butt cheek went numb they would not treat me and sent me back to my doc. You really may want to set an appt with the doc and discuss. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • thank you for your reply we are going back to the doc on the 22/8 and will ask him then
  • advertisement
  • O:) you are an angel for sticking next to your husband! that is the best medicine he can get. listening to him, arranging appointments and going with him, rubbing his back! all these things you can do to help with his condition. your support is invaluable and i want to thank you for that. he may feel so bad that he hasn't had time to tell you but i know he feels that way, so grateful! good luck and stay in touch with a doctor who will listen to you. Jenny :)
  • hi had to go back to the doc with my husband today as pain is getting no better we went out yesterday for a walk and he only could walk for about 10 min and we had to go backt to the car he now get the numbing in the foot and not the leg he still as the pain in the back and it feels like the bones in the L5 are rubbing more and more the doc as said that he will have to tell the pt about this and he may need to see consultant which as made him worry more what will they be able to do or help with the pain
    his pt said that they will not do a MRI till he as had his phiso for three month can anyone help with what else i can do for him
  • please could someone tell me if thay can help with this i just dont know what to do for him now
  • advertisement
  • lo there, ddd brings some nasty pain. not all is from the ddd but can be from stress placed on surrounding area of the body. Steroid injections into the spine sometimes ease the pain a lot. i used to get them every 6 months at one time. Good luck
  • try getting him into a swimming pool. try remove the weight off of the L5 a little, it will make the pt a little less painful
  • thank you for your reply
    we have tryed every thing i can think off but they still have not do the mri i know there is more damage done but no one is listening to us so what do we do know
  • a consultant? Are you from the UK? I have heard this term from other members from "across the pond" and don't excactly know what it is. Sorry you and your husband are going through so much. Have you tried ice or heat? Hope he finds a prognosis soon and starts to get some relief.
  • yes we are from the uk and i can now feel a lump on his back were the L5 is and it very tender to touch i only found this when i was giving him a massare today ha anyone else had this please let me know what to do
advertisement