Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Sudden unbearable pain in lower back

Hii,

This is Sneh. I am here to ask for help/suggestion if any one can in my case of sudden back pain.

So here is what happened a week back. I was traveling to another city so was on a railway station. Everything was normal i was wandering around as my train was delayed. I was talking on phone and bent a bit to grab my luggage and suddenly it felt an immense unbearable pain in my lower back. It was so immense that i felt my blood pressure being affected. I was almost going to get unconscious. I tried to sit down bt could not. I tried standing up but that also did not help. I saw a waiting lounge dragged myself inn and lied on the floor.i couldnt turn aroud nor could i raise my leg(i had sensation but due to pain in back i could not) i called my family for help and had to be taken to hospital in an ambulance. I was given high doses of painkillers there for 4 days and now iam back home and doctors have asked ne to bedrest for a month. Ican move around a bit now but doctors have advised not to.

My medical history is that i have a herniated disc L4 and L5 which happened 4 yrs back in gym. I took traction for a month that time and i was way better than normal and had no problem there after until the station case happened.

The only thing that scares me now is that what if it happens again. I was in my town and got immediate help but that could not be the case always.

So if anyone has gone through the same..please help me out.

-Sneh

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,437

Hi Sneh
    Welcome to Spine-Health

My first question is, what were you diagnosed with while you were in the hospital? Were there any diagnostic test ran such as MRI, CT scan or X-ray? And, were you given any options other than bed rest?
    I know these are a lot of questions but we have very little to go on by what you posted.
    Please click on the Welcome link below for more information to help you get started on the forum.

Welcome to Spine Health

By providing us with more details hopefully you will get more responses.
    Take care and hope to hear from you soon.
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Sounds similar to my own experience, I was just playing with my kids 4 years ago and suddenly felt as though a knife was inserted into my spine. Disc herniation can happen in an instant and without warning, it's been the longest 4 years of my life but I think it's almost over now.

• advertisement