Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Spondylolisthesis Surgery Advice plz!!

advertisement

Comments

• So,  i woke up very early this morning with terrible pain.  This is very out of the ordinary.

Usually muscle pain is normal, but this is different.  Sharp pain shooting down my leg from my hip.  I can only guess that i slept in a weird position for too long or twisted in some weird way during sleep.  

Hopefully it all goes away and returns to normal soon.  Just wanted to write this to give readers an idea of the bad days that spring up seemingly from nowhere.

• Havent updated in a good long while so here goes.  

I am at 9 months post op.  I am back working a job now though it is not very physical at all and is based out of my home.  I have been doing physio for 3 months 3 days a week to make up for all the time i shouldve been doing it. (Surgeon said it wasn't necessary.)  Vast improvements after i began physio.  I am able to do some of the more normal things in life like attend sporting events, sit at a computer, and play with my kids a bit.  It is a daily struggle but on that seems to be improving very slowly. Today is a bad day however.

It really is a hell of a struggle mentally sometimes.  U think maybe theres a.chance i can be normal someday... then a bad day or week comes and u think you are crippled for life or have done something terrible to your surgery site.  It really is a roller coaster ride.  I feel like the mental state of recovery is often overlooked as it was not even discussed with me prior to surgery.  

I just wanted to state that so that others may be more prepared for the ups and downs of even sucessful surgeries.  Mine was minor in comparison to some, but its still a daily battle within my own head to remain optimistic about my recovery.  Just need to get through the bad times.  Cheers.

• advertisement