Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

2 acdf surgeries and some questions

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum.  Just a general question to those who have been through this... I had a c6c7 acdf in 2009 due to degenerative disc disease, and July 13 2017 I had another acdf c4 - c6.  So now I have 3 levels fused.  Am I so wrong to think I can go back to work where I lift heavy objects routinely and move heavy equipment on wheels?  I have incredible stiffness which I hope to work out in PT.  I am hoping to resume a reasonably normal life.  What should I expect?

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,518

Once you have had spinal surgery, there are always some set of limitations and restrictions.  Many of them are physical movements and weight that can be lifted.  For you absolute restrictions, you would need to talk to your doctors.

There is no way I can fathom that after your ACDFs you can go back to where you  LIFT heavy objectives an MOVE HEAVY equipment.

I am 17 years past my last ACDF and I still have some restrictions.  They are there to avoid future problems.   Check with your doctor.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Another artist, Completly agree with Rons remarks. I had a C-5 through C-7 fusion 3 years ago ( which ended up not fusing ) and the surgeon gave me permanent restrictions of no lifting over 10 pounds, no prolonged sitting or standing. I don't need to tell you I was medically retired from my job due to it! You can bet on some restrictions!

DavidG

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,353

hi anotherartist913!

welcome to spine-health
    please click on the welcome link below for more information to get you started on the forum.

welcome to spine health

please talk to your doctor regarding your restrictions. you only have one spine that cannot be replaced.
    take care and keep us posted.
    Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History