Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Nervo HF10 trial

Yesterday I started the trial period of the Nrevo HF10. I have had 5 back surgeries all at the L5-S1 site, the last one six years ago. I have been living with pain in my lower back (6)as well as pain that radiates to my legs and groinn depending on my amount of activity. 5 years ago I was considering a traditional SCS system but changed my mind last minute. 

I am going to try an update every other day as on my experience with the trail.

Arrived at surgery center at 6AM for the 7:15 procedure. I was prepped for surgery by RN then anesthesiologist came into talk with me and my wife I was told that I would be put I twilight as procedure would only take 45 minutes. The Nevro Rep was next to come in he went over procedure and the device and asked me several questions about my pain,as a base line I am guessing. Surgeon came in and talked with me as well as his fellow and the rest of his team. Great bedside manner from everyone on site.

I remember going into surgery and team putting me on my stomach and getting me comfortable and that's it.

I woke up 40 minutes later as the Nevro rep was going over instructions again on the trial version of the device. At 8:45 we were out the door and on our way home. I was given only a prescription for antibiotics. As the surgeon wants a true pain relief  assessment of the device in three days. 

The device was turned on and I was told that the temporary generator on my belt would not need to be charged at all during the seven day trial. I am not going to tell you what I did or didn't feel because I was still impacted by the drugs that gave my just prior to surgery for pain.

I have two leads coming out of my back and they are attached to a temporary trial SCS unit that is on a belt. Last night around 10-11PM The local start wearing off at the sites where the leads are comimg out of my back. It is fairly sore but not unbearable. It is hard to get comfortable to fall asleep. 

(Pain medication I am on Ultram 50 x 2 twice a day, Celebrex and muscle relaxer)

I did not get much sleep as the sites where the leads come out are farily uncomfortable and I could not get a good position, I will work on that tonight.

With all the surgeries I have had it is fairly reseanoable to assume that I would think this would fail ,so I went into this with expectation that I would get no relief. I must say that 24 hours into trial II am experiencing little to no back pain at L5-S1. As for radiating pain I will have to let you all know as my mobility increases.

I will try and do another post tomorrow morning..

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,047

Hi Pensburg!
    Welcome to Spine-Health

When, and if, you are able to post again, please post here. I will bookmark this discussion as it will be a future reference for other members going through the same thing.
    Think positive!! A positive attitude means a positive outcome. But it sounds like so far it might help you out.
    A few years ago I went through the trial and implant but had to have it removed, I have so much nerve damage it would not work.
    Please click on the Welcome link below for information about the forum and how to get started.

Welcome to Spine Health

I am sure other members will respond, give it time.
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • I wrote a blog about my trial and my first month with the permanent Nevro implant - I hope it is useful for people!

Www.bionicjenuk.wordpress.com

• advertisement