Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Kayluv314

I am 32 years old and have had two back surgeries in the past 3 years. My most recent one was in April this year. I had three slipped discs and one of those was injured twice. They rwmoved part of the disc that wwe pressing on the nerves to my right leg and my tailbone. I just recently went back to work after y months and have restrictions that I follow daily. 

I am now experiencing really bad pain on my left side when I roll over at night. It hurts so bad I cry and wake up every time i turn over. I'm not sure why this is happening and I am so exhausted from not sleeping and no one understands this pain i feel. Has anyone else experienced this and what helps them get though the night. I take muscle relaxers, pain killers. Use pain relief cream and this freeze gel. Nothing works though. Have to sleep on couch just to be able to grab it and turn over. Used pillows and etc to help nothing works. Anyone out there expeirenced this and what have you done to help you? 

advertisement

Comments

• Hello Kayluv

Welcome to Spine-Health

Please use the link below for more information about and inside Spine-Health

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Hi kayluv, I'm very sorry to hear about your pain, the pain you are experiencing in your leg and buttocks is called sciatica, I've been dealing with it for 4 years, although I'm on the mend now, but sometimes the pain gets so intense that I just wanted to die! A therapist I am seeing told me to do fascia release stretches, it helped me, what you do is lay on the floor and put your feet up on the wall and skid your butt as close to the wall as you can get while keeping your knees straight and hold that position for half an hour to 45 minutes, do this several times a day for at least a week until you are able to get your butt right up to the wall, it's going to hurt at first, but it gets easier and less painful as you start getting release, just don't push it to the point of crying, you don't want your muscles to spasm, take it slow and steady, Hope this helps you get some rest and relief.

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,393

kayluv
    below is a link to a very good article on sciatica and treatments. i hope this helps you out.

sciatica treatment

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History