Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

deadlift injury in gym

i am suffering from  dead lift injury in gym in lower back .since 26 august 2017........initially it was acute pain like in all injuries but eventually after few days pain dissipated ........no pain now but symptoms like tingling or light pain in legs ,buttocks, lower back etc......sometimes i feel lethargic and it has effected me psychologically as well.......its being 20 days since injury ...i haven't went to doctor or  have an x-ray done....i was expecting it to heal itself and i am waiting for month to over.... ... hope that i will  recover naturally and lead a normal life again ...... i have decided never to hit the gym again in life ....kindly provide me with valuable advise??

advertisement

Comments

• Advice??? Ok, see a doctor, don't give up on the gym, just stay away from deadlifts. 

• catapamcatapam AustriaPosts: 157

Stay away from weightlifting.

Find some specific exercises for lower back pain.

If pain is gone try to go for a normal life without strenuous physical exercises

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,069

Hi tejinder!
    Welcome to Spine-Health

Go to a doctor. How do you know this is acute pain? Unless you go to a doctor to find out why you are having tingling in different areas, how are you going to know to treat it? And, by not going, are you causing more damage?
    Kindly advice, stay away from weightlifting, period, Go to the doctor.
    I cannot begin to tell you the amount of members in the past that have been on this forum with messed up backs, all from weightlifting.
    Please click on the Welcome link below for more information to get you started on the forum.

Welcome to Spine Health

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • I have gone to doctor and got MRI done   And unfortunately its protrusion in L5 S1 causing compression on neural formina .conservative treatment is going  on and no idea how long it will take to heal right now its draining me physically financially psychologically and i am worried for my future   .....

• Try and stay positive...I know, it's very challenging.  But it is what it is now, and if you want to get better, you need to tell yourself that you are going to give it everything, stay on the right path and listen to the advice of professionals.

• advertisement
  • catapamcatapam AustriaPosts: 157

There îs no quick fix and some professionals are quite good in draining out your money.

You need to educate yourself about your problem, listen to your body, find specific exercises and move ahead with your life.

With proper self care your condition will become manageable in time.

Also some jobs involving bending/ lifting may not be appropriate for you

• hello friends...... its been one week i haven't gone to physiotherapist after treatment for one week .....now i have only one issue of sore or tight back as it was for two weeks before nerve compression by L5 S1 disc happened   .....i don't know whether i am right or not by discontinuing my treatment and carrying on my daily activities which include lot of sitting for studying .....i am coping with tightness in back as sometimes it become acute... but so far no pain is there... i take precautions like not bending much or lifting heavyweight ... but still i am quite nervous that what if disc protrusion worsened to more pain and discomfort....in what time it will be heal completely.....?? any body here with same issue or knowledge about it?? am i doing right by discontinuing physiotherapy ( i did it due to financial reasons as it was costing much) ...??? will the disc protrusion and tightness/soreness in back will heal by itself with time? ?? kindly provide me with wise advice as i am anxious about my problem..

• Stay positive and give it time! I don,t know about the rest of the members but have you all noticed the increase of members who have recently joined all because of "dead lifting" at the gym?

advertisement