Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

neck problems for years...

Hello everybody, new guy here. Been reading everyones posts this morning, & thinking about how i can relate to so many.  I've been having problems with my back for years, mostly my neck area. I've experienced numbness, hands shaking and my left arm. crunching and grinding sounds in my neck, i have severe headaches, always the left side & always from pain in the left side of my neck. there's a spot in the back of my neck if i press on it is very sore. Past couple years i have been noticing my arms are considerably weaker & i'm not able to lift things hardly anymore like i used to. shoulders hurt really bad when i lift my arms past a certain point. sometimes i have pain that runs thru my arms & even down my legs that feels like a jolt of electricity, am losing the grip in my hands, drop stuff alot. this first started in my late 30's am 50 now and falling apart fast, I've worked construction all my life, always on the move everyday, climbing up and down very tall ladders has taken a toll on this body lol i was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in '03 but never been treated for it. I've always self medicated. BC powders, and or naproxen, but its to the point now nothing helps anymore. Cant hardly do my job anymore... earlier this year my oncologist referred me to a rheumatologist and she was a waste of time. Is there another doctor that specializes in joint disorders? anyhow, she refers me to a pain management guy & he wanted to stick needles in my neck, but i refused.. until i have a mri first no needles... So this year i finally get an mri, after all this time. I got a copy of the results for my own records this past June, and ya know the doctor was such a jerk that he still hasn't read me my results. So, i pretty much had to look up all these medical terms on my own online. Facet arthropathy c2-c7,  foraminal narrowing due to ucinate spurring & facet arthropathy c5-c6,   c6-c7 reads: small left paracentral extrusion creating mild central canal narrowing, Left foraminal extrusion creates severe foraminal narrowing contacting the exiting left c7 nerve root. Mild right foraminal narrowing due to ucinate spurring and facet arthropathy. the impression of it all says: left foraminal extrusion at c6-c7 creating mass effect on the exiting left c7 nerve root. Mild narrowing of the central canal and right foramen at c6-c7. minimal spondylosis at the other levels. Ok im no rocket scientist but i think in laymans terms "ddd, herniated disc, pinched nerve, bone spurs, osteoarthritis of the cervical spine, and stenosis". Maybe this is why i been getting very dizzy & confused here lately too. Anyhow this is me. I would really appreciate all the input i could get from everyone here that has experienced the same. & if any of you were me what would be the best direction to take? I've had the worst luck when it comes to doctors .... preciate it, Rob

advertisement

Comments

• Wheeeee, If I were you, I'd get a referral to another doctor. Have you seen a neurologist? Or a neurosurgeon? I had similiar symptoms. Definetly do more research and be an advocate for your healthcare.Good Luck .