Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

24 year old, 6 months after injury, only worse

Hello all - I wanted to start a forum to share my frustrations and see if there is any advice to offer up. I will update this post with images and reports, but for now a summary should do.

In march of this year I went of a snowboard jump, I landed it (did not fall) but felt that my back would be in pain for a week and knew I would be incapacited (I've felt this before when deadlifting). After a week of healing slowly I figured I'd be good and tried a back strengthening exersize, knew immedideatly it upset my back and back to 4 days incapacitation. 

I got a MRI shortly after that (and have gotten 3 more since), 4 disks herniated but only only one that could be causing pain. This was my l4-l5. This had a bludge that was 'almost touching the nerve' but probably not. I was unable to sit or stand for periods of time without burning beginning to appear in my back, and then getting worse. My only safe place is lying down on a hard surface (my bed). Doctors don't understand why I am in so much pain. I've had 3 procedures since then, including s1 steroid injection, l4-"5 disk direct injection, and to eliminate cause for something else four injections in one procedure in four lower facets in my back. None have provided any relief whatsoever 

I have been unable to sit or stand for months now. I feel that a simple l4-l5 microdisectomy would cure this, however now the doubt of doctors have made me more cautious. 

Also, within the last week I started experiencing large leg pain behind knees and random cramps, got an MRI a few days ago and a new injury, s1 is pinching a nerve. 

Now I believe that they will want to do a microdisectomy there, but doctors are still not sure about my l4-l5. This is the whole start of my injury, and I am slowly getting worse and worse as doctors do nothing for me. I am starting to feel helpless, and don't know what else I can do. Do I force a dual microdiasxtomy now? Note I've done my physical therapy exerersizes every day for the last 3 months until a few days ago. 

I've seen 10 surgeons, no one volunteering to do surgery themselves, 1-2 maybe if I force them too.  

advertisement

Comments

• hi connor150

welcome to spine-health

so sorry to hear about your on going pain and hope that can be resolved very soon.

i have added two links below to help you get started.

welcome to spine health

aj

AJGormit

---------------------------------------------------------------

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017