Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Cervical Sprain with pain in right arm and tingling on thumb and index fingers

Hello there,

Couple weeks back, I woke up with a stiff neck which did not get better over the time. I knew I sleep in awkward positions. One week after the stiff neck (right side of the neck) my right arm started to pain. The pain got so worse that I could not do normal activities. I went to an Urgent care 10 days ago, to see a doctor. The doctor told me that it is a Cervical Sprain and prescribed me some Anti inflammatory and Muscle relaxant drugs. Even after using the medication there was not any difference. So I went to see a Chiropractor. After a couple of adjustments I could move my neck in all directions except not all the towards back (which gives me a sharp pain all the from my shoulder through arm). Last week, my thumb and index finger on the right hand felt like numb(I have the sensation though, it may be tingling) , also my tri-cep muscles are little painful when I press them. When I told my Chiropractor about my situation he said that is the common symptom when you have neck sprain. 

When I wake up in the morning my neck muscles feel so hard and they get softened and pain free as the day passes by. 

Usually how long it'll take to feel normal after cervical sprain.  

I'm little worried if I have something else going on.  Can someone please suggest me what is going on with my neck and arm.

thanks,

advertisement