It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I have a 3mm herniated disc at C5-C6. Started in Oct. 2016. Pain primarily between my spine and right should blade. I did the 3 epidural injections and 3 months of PT. PT didn't do anything, but the epidural helped a lot until the pain came back about 30 days ago. I had another epidural and the pain subsided a lot again. I have been to one neurosurgeon and one orthopedic surgeon who both recommended surgery. One said fusion and the other said artificial disc using the Prodisc-C. The neurosurgeon said the pain would come back. The orthopedic surgeon said there is a small chance it could resolve. I would like to have the surgery before year end since I have just about met my health insurance out of pocket maximum. I just cannot commit to surgery now that I am not feeling much pain, but logically I realize the pain is likely to come back and probably sometime next year when the out of pocket maximum resets. Pain is the great motivator, so I am wondering if anyone else decided to get surgery even though they were not experiencing intense pain at the time the surgery was actually performed and how did you come to that decision and follow through with it?