Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Do Pins and Needles/ Numbness Mean its Getting Worse?

robinflrrobinfl Merritt Island FLPosts: 42
edited 09/25/2017 - 7:36 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical

I have problems at C5/6/7 awaiting next surgeon appointment. 

The pain has been in my left shoulder, neck and arm occasionally in my thumb. This week most of my hand feels like pins and needles and two fingers next to thumb are mostly numb.  Does this mean my neck is getting worse?  

Another weird thing: now I am having muscle spams on my right arm. HORRIBLE Charlie house- get out of your chair- hollering spasms. 

(DEJAVU: Last year I had similar pain on the right side and C7/T1 artificial disk put in Dec 2016. The pain was worse than I have now and I could barely use my right hand.)

advertisement

Comments

• Hi robinfl

Any numbness should be reported, so I would advise contacting your team for advice.  They may want to bring your appointment forward or will advise what to do.

I was advised to present at A&E if certain symptoms happened before my surgery date, because I would then be treated as an emergency by my team.  Different area of spine but certain things should be reported or examined by a medical professional.

So sorry you are suffering such horrible spasms.  I had these in my leg nightly, throughout the night, so I can relate to how awful they are.  By the time I got to surgery, I had worked out certain positions brought this on and tried to support my leg in a way to prevent some - when I was awake!!!  Asleep was a different thing!

I hope you are able to found some relief from the pain.

AJ

AJGormit

---------------------------------------------------------------

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017