Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Recurring severe pain in upper spine

it has been just over 6 years since I have gotten my spinal fusion. I had pretty bad scoliosis. I recovered really well though and haven’t had much trouble doing anything physical since recovery. However, I have randomly been getting a very sharp and intense pain right around where the fusion begins and it is impossible to ignore. I can’t move or lie down or sneeze without being in severe pain. It’s very isolated and is a very sharp pain. It lasts about a week then goes away. Usually I have only gotten this every few years or so but this year I have gotten it three times and I feel like with every bout of it it continues to worsen. I’m just curious if anyone else has had this happen to them and what they did to manage or to fix it. My X-rays look fine, general doctors at my university clinic are never worried about it when I come in in so much pain. I just do not know what to do. Thanks for listening!

advertisement

Comments

• WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 427

I'm sorry you are having that pain!  can you keep a journal of what you are doing before and when you get the pain?  maybe it's a particular movement or something you are doing.....and if there is something that appears to you that you always do before it happens then talk with your doctor again to try to get to the bottom of it?  It could be that there's something being pinched off and on, and if it's not when they do the imaging they won't see it....

Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, decompressions, facet joints removed. cages L4-5, L5-S1, rods, screws, scoliosis reduced to 0*.
    June 2015: Inflam facet arthrosis L1-S, pars fractures L5 and L2, 70* lateral scoliosis with 110* rotational scoliosis on reduction, facet cysts with nerve impingements bilaterally L2-3, L3-4, L4-5, spinal stenosis L2-L4

• is it possible you pulled a muscle cuz when I snez or cough I have a sharp pain where I pulled a muscle. good luck finding out why,hang in there. let us know what you find, I like WWLadys ideal of a record of what your doing

• advertisement