Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Annular Disc Tear

I had back surgery in August 2017. They shaved a disc for a pinched nerve, took out a bone spur and got rid of a herniated disc. I'm still having lower back pain from an Annular disc tear in my spine. I'm wondering if anyone has the same issue and what they have done to get rid of the pain. I know I'm still in the recovery stage but I have had this pain for the last 12 years. 

advertisement

Comments

• Hi jdukerich

Welcome to Spine-health

Yes you are still in recovery and disc can take up to 3 months to heal over I was told by my surgeon.

Are you having physio?  Muscle tone can be lost during periods of restrictions and will need help from a physio to strengthen these.

You do not say where your pain is.  I was told my surgery was performed to de-compress the nerve and may help with leg pain but  not back pain.  I was aware of this already, as I have suffer back pain for many years, but was aware surgery is not given for back pain for the nerve issues I had.

I have added two links below to help new members with information on this very informative site.  There is lots of material to research that will help give you the power of knowledge and maybe some new ways of coping with your pain, until you can get more help with this.

Welcome to Spine Health

AJ
    AJGormit

---------------------------------------------------------------

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017