Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Where are your paddles from the Spinal cord stimulator located?

I had leads the first time I had a stimulator, and they said migrated.  With the new stimulator replacement.  This neurosurgeon placed the paddles under my bra strap is located.  Cutting through muscles, chisseling off bone...One year later it hurts to wear my bra.  I told him about this and his response was"One pain for another).  Had I known where the paddle placement would  be placed and the extra pain, I d opted for the leg pain.  Thanks Rose

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,051

Have you talked to your doctor about moving it or taking it out?

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Good evening  Memerainbolt!  Yes unfortunately I have many a time.  His response was (well you give up some p in for another).  SMH, Why?  Yes zerio pains in my legs, but wearing a bra is extremely painful.  Even w/o it on he has those leads from it wrapped around and tied so tight, I v gone from being Jeckle to now always Hyde.  I hate this as much or more than I hate myself, and any part of my life.  So many hopes and dreams are gone but not forgotten.  Sorry for the whining.

• advertisement
  • Hello bobbitz! I have the same problem, the upper incision is right where my bra strap goes and it’s very painful. At home I mostly go braless but when I go out somewhere I wear a soft sports-bra type of bra. Not much in the support dept, but better than nothing. I am only 7 weeks out from surgery and after seeing your post I am worried. I also have the problem from where he anchored the paddle is so painful and causes such muscle spasms I can barely function at times. I am praying this passes and soon. Thoughts of removal have been going through my mind, I woke up this morning with severe pain around the battery site and I think it’s shifted. Can’t even wear pants it’s so painful, the waistband rubs against it. I hope we both get relief soon! And you’re not whining you have legitimate complaints! 

• That's awful! I'm getting a scs next week, and now I'm concerned. I'll make sure to ask about that beforehand.  I'm too big to go braless, especially in public. Mine isn't paddles, just leads, so maybe that makes a difference.

I feel bad for you both having to deal with that kind of pain, plus the rude indifference from the doctor is unacceptable. I hope you find a way to get relief. 

• Amelia pond, thank you, this is actually my 2ed SCS,the first had leads, and when I had the fusion, he nicked one of the leads, I didn't want to get shocked so I didn't use it and the leads migrated but that's the problem with leads.  I have no idea if paddles could be placed elseware.  I told my NS and PM that I was in more pain now than b4.  Good luck keep us posted.  Rose

• advertisement
  • Sandra, both just shrug me off...PM and NS, the pump rides over my hip, so I wear low rider's or stretch dress slacks.  I've requested an MRI from my PM...nope,so I see a new PM next month.  Rose

• Karefreetn, looks like we're both in the same boat.  Why do they do that?  Did your surgeon tell you that he had to cut through muscles and chisseled bone?  What a racket, I need Dilaudid, for the pain,??? my pain pump causes.  Breakthrough????  My ptm, is a joke, no relief at all, so how can they say breakthrough?  It's so big, supposed to be the small one, but the heat from it's battery and where it's positioned makes sleeping on my back and on my left side.  I hate this pain.

advertisement