Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Surgery question - pain

Comments

• I'm a little late as well and I'm happy to see all of these great and honest responses! And hello Esteven, who has become a great source of strength for me. My situation seems similar to Meg@56; scoliosis whole life, started feeling like my spine was collapsing within the last couple of years. It just kept progressing. I trust my surgeon and he said it was time to have the surgery. I had a 55 thoracic and 45 lumber and was 54 years old. Soooo. the pain, for me was freakin' terrible once I woke up. I told them it was an 11 but am not sure if any of them got the Spinal Tap reference! I am a talker and could only moan. So it sucked. I questioned my decision for awhile. Surgery was in July, now at early November I think I can see the light.  I'm trying to see myself as a whole new person. My pain from the collapsing spine was mostly on the concave side of the two big curves. I couldn't walk very long because it hurt too much. And I did have what I thought was sciatic pain as well. So basically, if you are in enough pain, you should really think about the surgery. My scoliosis pain was gone immediately. I'm just dealing with healing pain and new and exciting nerve and muscle movement!. Oh and I had T3-Sacrum with pelvic fixation. So just like WLlady said a long time ago, it is almost impossible to wipe my bum (sorry TMI but good to know!).....This forum is great and I hope you are doing well.

Noreen

• scoliogirlsscoliogirl Augusta Posts: 36

Hey giril

just saw this post - I don't get email confirmations that indicate my post has been  commented on.  Do you WLlady

Thanks for answering my question about your pain bf and after.  

• advertisement
  • WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 1,484

No i dont get notifications either...just try to check myself in here once in a while...lol.

Kathy
    Veritas-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, facet removal, cages L4-5, L5-S1, severe scoliosis, arthritis and stenosis repair. 

• scoliogirlsscoliogirl Augusta Posts: 36

The "bum" comment was funny but not funny.  Is this for real, never, or maybe at some point (TMI on my part Noreen) - lol

• WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 1,484

oh the reaching TMI comment is definitely real!  i had a period of time after my surgery that i could not reach and i used a reaching aid to help me in the bathroom!.....and was super excited when i finally could again!  (okay...i know...way TMI!.).  still in the mornings i'm stiff, and find that sometimes it's "difficult"-not impossible, but just harder because i'm stiff from not moving in my sleep.  but that eases up very quickly after i'm up and walking.  and other than the first 5 minutes or so in the morning i'm perfectly fine

Kathy
    Veritas-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, facet removal, cages L4-5, L5-S1, severe scoliosis, arthritis and stenosis repair. 

• advertisement
advertisement