Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Advice very much appreciated

FrancismccroryFFrancismccrory Posts: 1
edited 10/28/2017 - 3:28 PM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic

Hello.

I'm Francis: a 58 year old bloke who would really appreciate some advice. Mentally, emotionally and certainly spiritually, I feel as young as ever. In fact, in those domains, I feel as though I'm defying the 58 mark and should be perhaps 28. But the back and lower neck ache which has become progressively worse over the last 8 or 9 months (if that's not a contradiction of terms) makes me feel perhaps 20 years older than my Birth Certificate would suggest. My GP has referred me to an NHS Rheumatologist who, in turn, has ruled out AS. (Besides, mine is an upper back / lower neck problem and AS seems to be something to do with the lower spine) Basically, I feel like (sorry to put it crudely). I can't walk up the slightest of inclines without feeling exhausted, I struggle bringing a loaded fork to my mouth (very embarrassing in company) and its as if my chin is being forced into my upper chest. I don't seem to have the strength to straighten up and there is noticeable upper body muscle deterioration. All this is, as you can imagine, very debilitating and causing me much depression. As the title implies, any advice much appreciated. Best regards, Francis

Edited by Memerainbolt

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,354

francis
    welcome to spine-health

so what is your next step, who do you see next? the reason i'm asking is you need an answer as to what is causing this.
    and, are you on any medication to manage the pain? i can see the reason for depression, most of us go through that. but to combat the depression start researching. knowledge is power. the more you know, the better the questions you ask your doctors.
    go to the right of the page to faq's scroll down to the many articles we have.

in the meantime, please click on the welcome link below for more information on the forum.
    welcome to spine health

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History