Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Lyrica

advertisement

Comments

• BitzicatBBitzicat PhoenixPosts: 18

I took Lyrica for six years for fibromyalgia.  It worked for me  but I started needing higher and higher dosages. After a few years I had gained 18 pounds and my husband said I lost my mind!  I still have memory issues.  When I decided to get off of it, it took 7 months of reducing dosages until I was done.  Really painful to stop.  I now take gabapentin and tramadol; it doesn’t work as well but is a whole lot cheaper and I guess I’m not as crazy......bad drug, in my opinion.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • advertisement
  • I have been on the Gaba up to 2100 mg a day but that made me emotional and delusional, As I was wearing off that they started Cymbalta which killed my appetite and just exacerbated my emotions. My anxiety was crazy and I forgot to mention zero pain relief. I tried the Neucynta as well but started weird feelings on that so I stopped after a few doses. I just don’t tolerate SSRI impact drugs of any kind. I am still dealing with Gaba withdrawals 4 was later. I have a couple friends that tools months to got over their Gaba symptoms. I wish there was something that worked for nerve pain but we know that it’s a crap shoot at best...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 274

@RossJames - Question:  I was wondering how long you have had these sciatic nerve pain symptoms?  I now from my own brief experience with sciatic nerve pain, the first treatment is often some meds and rest.  Most often, sciatic nerve pain will clear up in a couple of weeks.  If you are having continued pain for months, I'd suggest asking the doctor that is managing your case about the possibility of additional diagnostic tests, such as an EMG or some imaging tests.  I'm not familiar with current trends about the use of physical therapy in treating sciatic pain.  My injury was over 40 years ago.     

• advertisement
advertisement