Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Anyone fracture their leads?

My cervical SCS gradually stopped providing stimulation earlier this year - first on one side and then on the other. When I had revision surgery last month the doctor confirmed that I had fractured both leads. I didn't fall or do anything unusual so I have no idea how this happened. Anyone fracture their leads and know exactly how and when it happened?

advertisement

Comments

• What did it feel like when your leads fractured? I am dealing with an issue where my SCS is “shorting out”. When it is on burst mode and I stand straight up, it will cut in and out. It doesn’t change intensity like a dimmer switch, ramping from high to low, it is more like throwing a breaker, off - on, off - on.  And it is just moving a fraction. Is this similar to what you felt?

• I recently had my Boston Scientific changed to a Nevro and the leads were supposed to be a direct interchange. When I woke up after a 2 1/2 hr surgery instead of 45 minutes, they told me one of my leads was broken. I didn't know but I suspected it because I had some instances in two different programs when the sudden on/off blink would happen. I have no idea when or how it happened though. 

• advertisement
  • @RWaddell50 I was having intermittent stimulation in non-therapeutic areas with certain movements. Then I had to turn my settings up higher and higher, before I eventually stopped receiving any stimulation at all from the unit. Sounds similar to what you are describing. Your rep should be able to run some diagnostics to measure resistance levels in your leads

• Can't say I have fractured, but I did have to have a revision as my paddle dropped.

advertisement