Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Caudal vs Transforaminal

Anyone have any input as far as what had worked for you? 

I had a transforaminal ESI with no effect except worse pain (sciatic) afterwards. I'm going in this Tuesdsy for a caudal. If that falls then it's the surgery route. Please see my notes for medical history. 

Thanks for your time. 

-Vet

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,776

Vet
    Welcome to Spine-Health

It would be easier if you read my medical history, then you would know, I do understand. The difference is I can't have surgery, have a pain pump and still trying to find relief.
    I had a caudal block yesterday and facet joint injections 2 weeks ago. Has it helped? Not yet, but I'm different, so please remember that. My PM doctor told me he has had patients that it gives them a lot of relief for week, some for a year. The way he explained it is it's like a shotgun effect. When they shoot the meds in it scatters and follows the nerves to calm them down.
    He said some patients get relief for a week some for a year. I really hope this works for you. I know how it feels to always be trying to find relief.
    I have down on my calendar so please stay in touch to let us know how you are doing.

Please  click on the Welcome link below as well as the Tutorial to get you started on the forum.
    Welcome to Spine Health

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Thanks for the reply Memerainbolt,

Over a year ago I received a "shorgun" shot to the back which did nothing for the pain. What's interesting is that my back doesn't even really hurt, it is all in the glute, calf, and foot (typical sciatic symptoms). It's really bad in the glute. I asked my PT if it could be the piriformis, but he says that is extremely unlikely. 

So I'm off to a caudal injection on Tuesday, and have an appt with my primary care doctor Wednesday. 

The PT said he recommends surgery, and the nurse at pain management recommends surgery. I don't want surgery, but also want my life back. 

Thanks for listening. 

-Vet

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,776

Vet

I forgot to mention I also had injections of Botox in the piriformis muscle and the latissimus muscle in my back.  Botox is used on kids that have cerebral palsy. It did ease the muscle in my back but took weeks to work, but at least it did.

Let us know how Tuesday goes.

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Botox? I thought that stuff was for the Hollywood crowd!  I'll ask my doctor about it.  Thanks for the info. 

advertisement