Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

How long have people been using tramadol for?

Hi be very greatfull to get some help on this wondering how many years people have been using tramadol for

Thank you

advertisement

Comments

• Hi jonisingt35r

Welcome to Spine-health

I have been taking tramadol for 4 years with one break. My doctor used this with other drugs for the ladder affect and it has worked for me.  Some people say it doesn't help, but I don't know what they are prescribed it with.

Please give us further information about your condition and how you sustained your injury or condition.

I have added two links below to help new members with information and these also contain the forum rules.  There is lots of material to research that will give you the power of knowledge.

Welcome to Spine Health

AJ 

AJGormit
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017
  • jonisingt35rjjonisingt35r Posts: 165
    edited 11/24/2017 - 6:05 AM

Hello

I have sciatic pain, lower back pain and hip pain, legs arms I usually have 100 mg in the morning and 100 on the afternon, and sometimes in the evening i t really does help I am very worried about it not working any more, I've seen people still using it after 20/years I really hope it still works for me then, I'm 48

• advertisement
    edited 11/24/2017 - 6:18 AM

I would really like to find another drug which works in a different way so I can swap every 6 month so I don't build up a tolerance to it? Is this possible? Could you reccomend one maby?

Thank you very much

• Medication is very hit and miss. Therefore, if you find something that works I’d stick with it. 

• Yes but I am very worried about tolerance which why I'm trying to find an alternative one 

• advertisement
  • I was on Tramadol 10 years, the maximum dose the last 5. It was terrible to get off of it.

Emergency surgery in March of 2006 for spinal infection of L 2 and L 3. During surgery, discovered I had Cauda Equina Syndrome. Spine became unstable after surgery and had 360 fusion with 10 pedicle screws, plates and rods in April of 2007.
  • Thank you, may i ask why you stopped taking it did it stop working? Is so what are you taking now ?

• BitzicatBBitzicat PhoenixPosts: 20

I have been taking tramadol along with gabapentin for over thirty years for fibromyalgia.  I am currently at the maximum dosage of 400mg a day.  A year ago I reduced my dosage in increments of 50 mg to 150 in anticipation of spinal fusion surgery.  After surgery I went back to the 400 mg.  It was my only pain medication for both the fusion and the fibro.  It used to work really well but now it just feels like “not quite enough”.  I am trying combining extended release with immediate release throughout the day (still only 400) to accelerate the meds to the time of day the pain is worse.  Have not had any luck with that.

With the new government intervention in opioids (they determined tramadol was an opioid only three years ago) it has been harder and way more expensive to use to control pain.  Suddenly, I am a 72 year old “addict”!  

The fusion surgery did correct the immediate problem but created new issues and new pain.  The tramadol still works for the fibro but not for the back pain.  I sometimes add 800mg Motrin when I am more active.

edited 12/04/2017 - 10:57 AM

Wow 30 years I feel a little better now, I'm terrified of becoming tollerent of it as it does ease my pain.

In really don't understand why there is a war opiates, I'm from the UK.

Hope things get better.

Thank you 

• Hi bitscat do you take tramadol 100mg every 4/5 hrs every day ?

advertisement