Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Low back pain

I have a bulging disc. Is it better to have pain in the lower back or the legs. It was going down the legs then everything got better now its in my lower back. 

Im going to see my doctor but just curious if it goes from your legs to back is that improvement?

advertisement

Comments

• it is good that you are going back to your doctor for confirmation. What i can tell you from long term experience is there are 4 different types of disc pain which you should ask your doctor yo describe.

good luck

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,304

Generally, when you have pain down one of your legs, that is an indication of sciatica, which one major cause is from a disc pinching a nerve root.  When you do not have any pain down your leg, it would seem that no nerve is being compromised.

Most of the time, when there is no nerve impingement, doctors will try a series of conservative treatments to see how successful they may be in treating the disc problem.  When a nerve is compromised, many doctors will suggest surgery sooner vs later.

The longer a nerve is being damaged, the bigger the chances for longer recovery and potential permanent nerve damage.

But this is something that only your doctor along with diagnostic tests (ie MRI)will be able to tell for sure

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • advertisement