Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Strange back/shoulder blade/lat pain.

Comments

• MRI results are perfect...back to square 1

• Im suffering from the same symptoms. My next instinct is to ask for an MRI. I have been religiously practicing proper posture and doing stretches exercises for forward head posture. I've seen 2 chiropractors, a physical therapist and my doctor with no luck. I've had an xray which showed a "scoliosis not even worth mentioning" but otherwise fine. This has been driving me nuts for about 4 months. Please update if you have any new info. Other than than the cracking, mine too feels muscular. Lots of tightness and soreness around my right shoulder blade/rhomboid. Perhaps I should look into dry needling.

The 1 difference with me is that i have extremely commoñ cracking and crunching near the area of pain but the cracking itself is not painful so im not sure if theyre related. This has gone on for years without issues but seems to be more frequent lately. It tends to happen when straightening my back or neck.

• advertisement
  • Could it just be stress induced? My work and personal life have gotten a lot more stressful over the last 2 years but I thought I was managing it...

• "The 1 difference with me is that i have extremely commoñ cracking and
    crunching near the area of pain but the cracking itself is not painful
    so im not sure if theyre related. This has gone on for years without
    issues" my wife Katie's shoulder has crunched just the same for years and never caused pain or is currently associated. Her cracking is slightly above the pain point. As far as stress, absolutely partly to blame as Katie's job got significantly stressful prior to and while in pain. She's also practiced perfect posture as she is stuck at a desk all day long. She is getting a stand up desk to help her get some movement in at work and is diligent about getting up every hour and walking it out.. I personally believe there is legitimately something that has caused more and more people to suffer from this issue lately...I have 4 friends/family members that all suffer from the same ailment and 3 out of 4 started in July. Could very well be elevated stress levels and computer/cell phone posture but...who's to say there hasn't been a change in exposure to frequencies, not just our technological world but beyond. Or unstable atmospheric pressure? Hard telling what's up

• advertisement
  • I should just quit my job... probably would feel 100x better! Also, heat seems to offer a lot of temporary relief, which is another reason I feel it's muscular/tension related.

• Ive also seen similar symptoms on many other forums with different dates and i have yet to see a successful recovery post :(

• If you've exhausted all other options: look into tension myositis syndrome. Its a little out there but if you've tried everything else, maybe that's the answer...

• Yes I've seen a random amount of dates but alot correlating to this summer. It really comes down to a desk job epidemic

• same type of pain I am having. Is the person who originally posted this still active. the pain characteristics are exactly same as mine, it is 100 percent similar? did the person find a solution

advertisement
This discussion has been closed.