Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Medication options to Replace Opana ER

advertisement

Comments

• Glad you found them.

• jonisingt35rjjonisingt35r Posts: 165
    edited 12/03/2017 - 8:52 AM

Hi bldbeaner99

Wonder if you could tel me how long you have been taking these meds? I'm really frightened of tolerance, I'm taking just tramadol at the moment. I know I would be taking it 3 yes a day 100mg, but I'm only 48.

I've been researching and seen people taking it 10/15 years or so, my brother in law has been taking 8 years or so.

Also does that work switching meds when tolernce is reached?

Thank you.

• advertisement
  • 48 isn’t a spring chicken either, however. LOL. 100mg TID Tramodol is not something worth worrying over IMO. You may want to bring up your tolerance concern with your doctor. You’re not taking a schedule 2 (or even schedule 3) medication so I think your concern is unfounded and largely due to overthinking, obsessive-compulsive-like thought patterns. 

edited 12/03/2017 - 9:53 AM

:):)

I wish I was 65 but I'm only 48/which is what I'm worried about any thoughts on that?

I'm currently trying to get a pain pump as I'm in constant pain all over damage is lower back.

edited 12/03/2017 - 10:18 AM

In feel like someone should tell me take them all the time and more powerfull ones as well

I know my quality of life would be better but I'm petrified of tolerance and only being 48

• advertisement
  • If your focus is on tolerance or fear of tolerance, your focus needs to change direction.

None of us are in a position to suggest or recommend other meds. That decision will and needs to come from your doctors.

It is far too early to be considering an implanted pain pump at this stage for you.

Inserting a pain pump, or a spinal cord stimulator become options when ALL other methods have FAILED, AND oral medication dosages are escalating to levels doctors are uncomfortable prescribing.

You are at the BEGINNING of the medication journey...Tramadol is a medication commonly used for new patients, as a FIRST step, not the last or anywhere near it.

I encourage you to go yo the FAQ section and read the managing chronic pain Step by Step Guide yo Pain Management.

From reading your posts, it seems like you are overly focused on things related to what is.

Do you have anxiety? Worry over subjects a lot?

I mean no offense,  so please don't take my comments that way. I just see you focusing an extraordinary amount of worry about tolerance issues and jumping way ahead instead of being positive and focusing on today.

• L4_L5LL4_L5 Posts: 915
    edited 12/03/2017 - 4:13 PM

Well said, Sandi. You articulated some things I was thinking about in regards to the poster but failed to mention. 

Nothing to be ashamed with anxiety. I’ve had anxiety struggles since college myself. 

Once someone identifies anxiety/OCD as an issue it’s best to research anxiety and buy some books to learn methods to recover or at least to increase your shot at alleviating the uncomfortability of the symptoms. 

Maybe at the root is a phobia of medication. Sounds like that could be at play here. Nothing wrong with phobias so long as the person seeks answers to reassure themselves. 

I think there’s real dangers in regards to medication and perceived or unnecessary, exaggerated dangers. Important to distinguish between the two. I believe the poster is tangled up in the latter. 

I encourage the poster to have open, honest communication with his doctors. I believe I have an excellent relationship with my doctors. 

Going once a month to appointments is good I think because it allows patients to get to know the doctor and his staff and their personalities thoroughly.

In return they get to know us well too. No two patients are the same and I doubt many doctors will be surprised by any questions/issues we have regarding medication. They have probably heard everything (and then some).

edited 12/04/2017 - 4:28 AM

Yes I do suffer from extreme angsiety my doc has put me on an anti depresent I'm a hope to help that and sleep due to pain, I suffer pain where I just can't function.

Yes I am very anxious of pain and how tramadol helps me reduce pain, and yes I am open to my doctor I tell him everything 

I have been suffering sciatic pain for many years and have tryed everything meds have horrible side effects which is why I was hoping to try the pain pump, but I think I have found out that they only give it to terminal ill people, I live in the UK.

advertisement