Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

degrees of spine angles

i am a 60yr old woman with a 93 degree angle and was curious to find out how many others have this or a higher degree

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,293

jane5717
    Welcome to Spine-Health

We would like to get to know you better. Please provide us with some information about yourself, like how long have you had scoliosis? Are you under a doctor's care? With the angle you have, how are you doing?

While you are waiting on other members to reply, please click on the Welcome link below and the Tutorial to help you get started on the forum.
    Welcome to Spine Health

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 1,299

hi jane5717 

at 69 degrees we opted for surgery, by the time i was on the table (less than a year) it was 110.  now, after surgery i am back to 0!!!

Kathy
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, facet removal, cages L4-5, L5-S1, severe scoliosis, arthritis and stenosis repair. 

• advertisement
  • Hi

I had a major S curve of 93 and 95, probably sitting at 70 now after surgery

• hi bottom cuvre was 60 top was 22, now no top curve but bottom is at 20 now.

• I was diagnosed with scoliosis almost 2 years ago. Mostly in my Lumbar spine and it's quite painful. I seen a Chiropractor for close to a year. It helped but it didn't get rid of my pain completely. I was never told the degrees of curvature I have but would be curious to find out. How does one find or figure out that type of information? I just know it's been said that my Scoliosis is mild but it's easy to say that when you aren't the one dealing with it. 

• advertisement
  • WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 1,299

Standing xrays are done, then a line drawn horizontally along the most upright vertebrae at the bottom or top of the curve, parallel to the base of the vertebral body.  Then another line parallel to the base of the most tipped vertebral body.  The lines drawn perpendicular to both those lines will intersect and the angle at which they intersect is the cobb angle-the degree of your curve.  Your doctor or surgeon is the one that does the calculation-usually with a computer program.....

Kathy
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, facet removal, cages L4-5, L5-S1, severe scoliosis, arthritis and stenosis repair. 

advertisement