Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

lower cervical or upper thoracic pain?

for about 1 1/2 years ago I was studying at University. I was very stressed and kept sitting with a bad posture (slouched with a forward head). This caused my neck (cervical) to hurt while i was moving from side to side. It turned out to be a small disc bulge. The physiotherapist gave me McKenzie exercises, which I did for like 3 months and luckily the pain went away. Throughout the year i would only get pain in my shoulder region if i was sitting too long but it went away once i started to stand up or walk around. 
However, for the past 2 months Ive had some intense pain but more from the lower cervical or upper thoracic. I would categorize it as two different pain. The first one feels like a vertebrae is locked in an awkward position, which makes me wanna ”crack” or ”pop” the spine. Very discomfort feeling.  When that goes away, it feels more like the area is sensitive, like an inflammation and if I anti-shrug (depressing my shoulder blades) it hurts. These pains come and go. Yesterday i somehow manage to jump up a bit which i could hear a small ”crack” and the pain went away instantly. What do you guys think this is? Feels like a vertebrae trying to find its right position. However, i don't want to keep going to an chiropractor to keep cracking my spine. Seems like im only treating the symptom.

Thank you!

/Philip

advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,623

Hello Handle

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

Please click on the link for useful information Welcome to Spine-Health

All new members should take the System Tutorial 

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Handle, the best and only advice I can give you is to follow up with your MD and demand a MRI. Last but not least, you won,t find a lot of members here that are fans of Chiros especially when it deals with the cervical area! The “popping” can be a lot of things but let your physician get involved! 

• advertisement