Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Nevro HF10 Implant program numbers vs Trial Numbers

Had mine implanted in Nov 20th 2017.

On my trial my best setting was program 2 , step 7.

On implant I am slowly raising settings however these settings are not producing the same pain relief as the same settings from the trial. I'm still new and have not yet found the best setting. May need to contact a rep. 

Anyone else have any different results between the trial and the implant. How often do you need you must see a rep for additional adjusting or  reprogramming?   Thanks

advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,480

Hello MikeInOPKS 

Please click on the link for useful information Welcome to Spine-Health

All new members should take the System Tutorial 

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • I have no experience with the Nevro system, but I would not be surprised if different settings are required between your trial and permanent implant potentially due to different placement of the leads. I had additional programming with my device rep at 1 week and 4 weeks after surgery.

• advertisement
  • I had my permanent Nevro unit implanted yesterday and was released from hospital yesterday evening.  Am at home now sitting watching my Purdue Boilermakers play Butler Bulldogs at noon!! Sitting propped up with lots of pillows and icy gel pack on the unit incision site. I have a prescription  for Percocet but don't think I will be needing it.  I go back to the Dr. on Day 5 and then Nevro rep will let meturn unit on Day 7... They just didn't want pain control levels confused with surgical pain.  I will post more as I progress but just wanted to let anyone who might be hesitant about the surgery to know it really is no big deal...

• Good to hear Kayep51, glad you are doing good.  I agree with you, surgery was no big deal. The incision pain is the worst of it, but will only last up to two weeks. 

I am 3+ weeks Post Implant of my Nevro device. Turned up on day 10.  I got up to program 3, step 6 with no pain relief. I went to Dr with Never rep two days ago. One of my leads moves 1mm. So he reprogrammed my device and now I am starting over again at program 1, step 4. Ugh. Only 1 of every 200 implants have leaf movement and I was one.  Lay low and do not send over!  I was hoping to be in 80% pain relief just like my trial by Christmas.  Good luck. 

• Than you MikeInOPKS...Good to hear from you. Hope you are progressing well with your second try.  I saw my surgeon yesterday and since I had virtually no pain since being home he gave the approval for NEVRO to "turn me on" early!!  So we started at 1-4 yesterday afternoon.  That's one step below where I started with the trial but since I had zero pain at that level they wanted to see what starting me a step lower would do.  Last night I had no back pain but pain in my legs was probably a 7-8.  But nothing I wasn't use to dealing with...lol!  I realize it was really too soon  for the implant to do any good...So I will bake Christmas cookies all day- giving the NEVRO a real workout.....(plus most of my pain comes at night) and patiently wait to work my way up through the program. Merry Christmas!!

• advertisement
  • Kayep51 - thank for your comments.  Hope you are continuing to have progress. Hope the cookie baking went well and you are doing well in pain relief. Today I moved to P2S4. I do not have much relief yet. I have some slight relief in feet. I have 8 to 9 pain in the mornings and need Oxy and an hour to feel better. If I stay mobil it helps. I'll check back tomorrow to see if you have posted again. 

Merry Christmas to you too! 

• Kayep51 - I forgot to ask if you are still taking any pain relief and if so, as needed or on a schedule?

• Here it is Jan 11th and I'm still searching for SCS pain relief. 3 reprogramming sessions. Frustrated! Yes I'm still taking Oxy as needed which is every 6 hours. I had a lead move, so messed up all programming. 

• jimandjrjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 744

So sorry you're not getting relief with your new scs. I started getting excellent relief from my install 8 weeks post op. Wonder how that lead moved. Have you talked to your surgeon about possibly fixing that?

• Still have no idea why it moved as I was extremely careful. I did talk to Dr but he is totally convinced that Nevro reprogramming will eventually work. We just found a setting that relieves pain in my left leg, but not the right or lower back. The fix may be discussed later down the road, but from what I am reading is that they would replace the leads with paddles requiring a linectomy and is much more invasive. It's a last resort. Thanks for asking. 

advertisement