Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Recovering from L1 Wedge fx. On ATT from 12 sept17

Hello. I m 31 yr old 53kg thin woman who was diagnosed with spinal tuberculosis at L1 vertebrae in september 2017. I was advised bed rest and meds had started. I was getting up to use the washroom and had a TSLO brace in 10 days of the diagnosis. 

In mid october I had a lot of tingling numbness for which I went to ER where they did a few MRIs. And a follow up contrast MRI showed a wedge fracture at L1. 

So from then. Till present time. I had been on complete bed rest. On my last appointment the doctor suggested to start walking till the bathroom. Been 3 days... I can sit for 10 min with TSLO and someone supporting my back. And today I stood up with support from my mother and I felt my legs will give away

The next attempt I had my mum n brother supporting my weight.  I think I stood for hardly 1 minute and I was sweating so....

This is hard. 

Does anyone has tips.

I hv been on bed rest for 7 weeks or so

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,260

hello richa!
    welcome to spine-health.

what is your doctor telling you about other options? and what is his long term treatment for this?
    if it were me, i would get another opinion from a neurosurgeon or neurologist, as soon as possible.
    i feel so bad for you, wish i could do more.

please click on the welcome link below for more information and great articles.
    welcome to spine health

please keep us posted, i would like to know how you are doing.
    Sandra
    Veritas-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History