Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Schmorls node cure?

2 years ago I had an MRI and it showed I ha e schmorls nodes in a few areas along my spine. Just a general question, is schmorls nodes curable? Or is it permanent? Can i never gym again doing exercises that involve the back? I just turned 18, and if i have to live with this for the rest of my life, i dont know if i could cope. Im literally restricted from bending to pick up even a book or water bottle. 

advertisement

Comments

• Hey harryk2000,

I've been dealing with shmorl's nodes for about a year and they have been found on my thoracic spine (T8-T11) after I kept pushing to schedule an MRI. No disc herniation or buldge found. I have been dealing with burning, shooting pain. My doctor has tested my blood for inflammation or AS. The blood work came back fine but I still have this stabbing feeling when I bend over or pick up things. 

I have been trying light excersises that don't load the spine. Mainly reverse flies on a flat bench for my upper back muscles, and pull ups. Swimming helped me a lot and releases some of the pressure on my spine. I hope yours aren't as bad as mine. We found the nodes when I got injured at work and it hasn't been easy let me tell you. Send me a message anytime, I check this forum regularly! 

Godbless,

ThoracicFire

• Try heat. I had a node that flared up bad. It took about a year but the pain finally went away. 

• advertisement