Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Is this when I should take my pain killers?

jonisingt35rjjonisingt35r Posts: 165
edited 12/13/2017 - 6:01 AM in Pain Medications

Hi 

I managed not to take any tramadol for 3/days but gave in after 3 days as pain was too much. and took 100mg in the evening.

Is this when I should be taking them ?  

My mind is constantly thinking about tolerance im 48, and trying to use tram as lease as possible.

Any thoughts or advice?

Hope everybody has a good day.

I do try to distract myself by watching things on YouTube.

Thank you

advertisement

Comments

• I would suggest to follow the label instructions on the med.  That being said, any time your pain gets "ahead" of your medication, it's hard to control.  Tramadol is not a strong narcotic and you shouldn't fear taking it because of potential tolerance down the line.  Obviously you shouldn't take it if you need it, but if you are hurting, take it like your doctor prescribed.

Keep your head up and don't let the pain get the best of you!

Keith 

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,921

As Keith stated, you need to follow the instructions on your medicine prescription.   It can be a big problem if you 'miss' a pain dosage just because you are feeling just ok.  Cause later on, you might start having real strong pain, and the standard dosage may not be enough to get you over that.  So, that how people wind up taking more than the recommended dosage, which is so wrong.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • advertisement
  • jonisingt35rjjonisingt35r Posts: 165
    edited 12/13/2017 - 12:30 PM

OK thank you

I have had a couple of good days as I've found warming up my right leg and hip really really calms down my pain.

Is it OK to take tram just before bedtime to help me sleep?

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,921

When does your prescription tell you went to take them?

Some opioids come as PRN (Short Latin:  pro re nata, , take as needed, as the occasion arises; when necessary.

Others will state Take 1 tablet every 4 hours.

So, depending on the way the script is written, taking one at bedtime may or may not fit into the daily scheme.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • It says take it when needed 1/2 per 4 hrs

• advertisement
advertisement