Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Yoga

Who does yoga to improve posture and decrease back pain? 

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,168

@AmberLarson

I can only talk about soft Yoga for spinal patients.  It helps stretch various points of your body, which in turn can improve posture.  With increased good posture, there can be a decrease in back pain.

I tried it for about 2 months.  My biggest problem is that I am a total spine (lumbar,thoracic,cervical) patient as well as total join (replaced shoulders,hips) that sort of made it difficult for any yoga treatment to help without hurting.

I am doing a Silver Sneakers program (Free gym access to YMCA for folks over 65) and get to walk about 3 miles a day.  We walk on an elevated platform above a basketball court.  While walking, I watch some of the cardiac exercises for that are being done from young folks to older ones.  In the new year, I would like to give that a try, it seems that it could be helpful.   My only problem is that I dont think I would look that great in tight black stretch pants!

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Go with the neon green spandex! That will catch their eyes lol

• advertisement
  • Possibly, I did a yoga class and a body balance class a few days later and one of those made my disc a lot worse

• I have started pilates(the studio has a healthy joints and spine class). Honestly it' great because you send the whole class on your back don't have to worry about bending wrong! Doctor oked it for me and so far so good! 

advertisement