Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Piriformis Syndrome

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
Is the radiating pain from Piriformis Syndrome only felt in the back of the leg?

I'm wondering because everything else that describes Piriformis Syndrome is spot on to what I'm feeling, other than that. My leg pain skips my thigh, and zings out from the front of my knee and calf.

Could this still be Piriformis Syndrome or not?

Thanks!
advertisement

Comments

• I had it about 10 years ago and it was pretty painful. My Piriformis was clamped around my sciatic nerve. It took many trigger point injections to find the "sweet spot" and when they did...... it wasn't fun. I have never had this problem again, THANK YOU JESUS! About 5 years after that I was diagnosed with DDD. If I remember the pain was all down my leg in the back then wrapping around to the front and side of my calf.
  • had an MRI or any type of testing to confirm your diagnosis? Many issues can cause that same type of pain.
  • advertisement
  • no MRI as of yet. The chiro's done some testing that results in explaining the (now) obvious - my sciatic nerve is being pinched. Xrays show nothing abnormal whatsoever, tho, as far as my disks go...all looks fine, apparently.

So, what the he**?!

I'm sorry, everhopeful, that you've had to endure so much. Also, i'm very new...what is DDD?

• click on some of the tabs at the top of this page such as conditions or treatments. you will learn alot there. you really may want to consider another type of doc other than a chiro at least for another opinion.
  • advertisement
advertisement