Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Persistent tingling sensation with occasional pain

Hi,

I have been living with an odd tingling sensation that developed 2 years ago, shortly after my first chiropractic adjustment.  It is progressively becoming worse, especially when following the exercise regime of physiotherapists.  

The throbbing/tingle is coming from my mid back to the left of my spine.  I originally when to the chiropractor over two years ago because I was seeking answers why my back was always so weak and would at least once a month give out on me.  After my first round of sessions everything seemed to be a little better, mean while seeing the chiro gave me the ability to make my entire spine pop and click like it has never done before.  I did this often, because it felt good.  6 months later this horrible sensation starts and has never stopped till this day.

Certain exercises make it go away when I am exercising, but come back with a vengeance when I stop.  It is always the worst when I am working with my hands out in front of me.  No matter how bad it gets, simply lying down stops all pain.  Zero, I don't feel a thing.  After a nights sleep I wake up and everything is perfect until noon.  Literally as soon as noon hits, the sensation starts, and gets progressively worst until I go to bed.  I am at a loss...  Physio doesn't know whats going on with me, I have seen two.  Im in the process of going back to the general practitioner and getting a referral somewhere.  I don't know where just somewhere.

It kills me.  I have just purchased a new home and I cant do anything.  I can't play with my kids.  If anyone knows anything that even sounds remotely familiar it would be a help.  

advertisement

Comments

• Hi there, I have been dealing with something very similar for about 8 months now. Persistent Tingling left side right on my bra line. Worse when I bend forward repeatedly (say to pick up toys off floor) or while I do dishes, and in general, when I’m doing stuff with arms out in front. I also have a very weak left scapula, it always feels “off”. I have two kids, so I’m constantly changing clothes, diapers, etc. which makes things much worse. It’s generally pretty good in the morning and as I do stuff, it gets worse. Sleep is totally fine with me as well.

I’ve been to a couple PT’s, the most recent one I got some relief, but not completely. What exercises are they having you do? I have done the Houston Series which helped quite a bit, and have moved on to doing the “iron scap” workout. They also tried dry needling, cupping, and adjusting my ribs/spine. Curious to see if you’ve had any luck since posting this!!