Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

can i get a new rx filled if different strength percocet.

my meds was stolen after going to dr. had to bring in meds, ok after i got there he changed me from 90 7.5 a month to 10 x 90 a month. leaving i stopped at gas station and med bag was still laying in trucks floorboard, i simply wasnt thinking went n store got home unloaded grocerys n med bag was gone with my full bottle of 7.5. the new rx is for 90 10 mg could i just carry it to a different pharmacy and would insurance fill it or should i go to one i havent been n say i dont have insurance n pay cash.

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,168

I think I need some clarification here.

You said your medications were stolen after going to the doctor.
    Then you had to go to the doctors and changed your script
    Leaving the doctors, you stopped at a gas station and your medications were stolen again
      (Which ones?  The 7.5 or the 10mg?  Then which ones were stolen before you went to the doctor 7.5?)
    After leaving the gas station, you had 0 pain medications

Is all of this correct?  Based on your statements.

What are you going to carry into a different pharmacy?  I thought your medications were stolen.   And even if you had something to bring to a new pharmacy, they would quickly see you just had it filled.

I dont know, but from what you wrote, things do not seem that promising.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • ok i been taking 7.5 mg 90 a month, \ i have to bring meds in at dr visits, ok  i carried last month rx n to dr, but got it filled a week ago due to pharm, being out over last couple yrs delaying getting filled till 2-3 days past fill dates, ok i left with my nearly full bottle of 7.5 along with other meds n bag i carried in, stopped got gas n grocerys n got home bag with meds gone. ok he upped me to 10mg /90 to fill next time, its dated yesterday. i need to know if i can get it filled and will insurance cover it.

• advertisement
  • You should call your doctor and insurance company and explain what happened. Take it from there.

• I've filled a prescription (not opioids) gone to doctor next day, she changed the prescription dosage and got the same changed meds.  Insurance paid for both, so yes it happens.

I assume you you filled out a police report at the gas station for the stolen meds, therefore it should be ok.  If you didn't fill out a police report, you might have more problems than just getting a refil.

advertisement