Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pharmacist a JERK!!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:22 AM in Pain Medications
Been suffering with back troubles for years. Looking at a spinal fusion very soon. My Pain Dr. has me on 20mg Ocycontin CR twice a day, one every 12 hours. I also have Pecocet for breaktrhough pain. I get 60 per month. I took my new script in to my usual pharmacy at Kroger. The pharmacist asked me in a mean condiscending tone, "You take BOTH of these at the same time!" I said yes, that is how they are prescribed by my DR. I told him my condition, not that it was any of his business. He said he would not fill them! I asked why and he said it was too soon and gave me the scripts back. I did the math, my 30 day supply ends tomorrow. He said I could try on Saturday. So I get to suffer till they open and his royal highness decides to fill em. Had em filled there last month!! Never again, switching to another pharmacy...
advertisement

Comments

• I wouldn't take that crap from anyone. I don't know about you, but my insurance company will allow me to pick up my CII meds anytime after 75% of the previous fill is gone. That just means that I can fill at 23 days. So if I go in with a script and all of my scripts have dates on them, but if I go in on the 23rd day of the previous fill, I will get them filled. I don't understand how that worked with you. Even if you have NO insurance at all, you should be able to get it filled on the 28th day. That is just one screwy pharmacist, if indeed he is a pharmacist. A real pharmacist will know that you are going to be paying a visit to our old friend withdrawal after a day or so. That is just plain old mean and nasty. If I may be so bold as to ask, what date is written on your scripts?
  • Wow-what an jerk I'd call the store, speak to the pharmacy management or store management, explain what happened and let them know they lost business because of it. No excuses for that kind of treatment!!

Edited 08/22
    by Ron DiLauro, Administrator Spine-Health
  • advertisement
  • Before you go doing anythinsg rash, check into the entire story and try to find out why this (&*#@%^*) guy didn't fill them for you. There has to be some kind of a reason.
  • Both my scrips were originally filled on July 17th. By my calculations, Friday is day 30. After giving me crap about taking both of them together, he said it was "too soon to fill them" and he would not do so. He told me my insurance would "probably" not pay because of this as well? He said to come back on Saturday.
    I have BCBS with excellent Rx coverage. This guy was a total Jack A@@!! There was no excuse for his behavior.
    He made me feel like an ass...
  • I would see the manager and not go without meds for ONE day. There is no excuse for this. I had BCBS last year and they actually over-rode some of my scripts so that I could have them for vacations, etc. Time lapses and such. No excuse for this horse poop!!! He's just playing with you but what he probably doesn't understand is how dangerous it can be to people like us that depend on these meds. Gee, I wonder what he would have done if when he asked you about taking both meds at the same time, you answered no instead of yes? Maybe he would have filled them for you. With my situation, I depend solely on one pharmacy for my CII meds. Nobody else around carries the 15 or the 30 mg Oxy not to mention the 120 mg Avinza. The neighborhood Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, you name it.....Don't have it. When it comes to Pain Meds, these places are so fearful that they won't carry anything stronger than 10 mg Percocet.
  • advertisement
  • I went on the corporate website and sent em an email. I described everything that transpired. I am sure they will be calling me with an apology? Big whoop. I have enough meds to get through till tomorrow. I am going to another pharmacy, I made him give me back the scripts. I have no doubt he will be hearing from someone above him about his insensitivity...
  • I know that rude people are a fact of life and it is a waste of breath to try to educate them in manners. I too have a problem paying money for someone to be rude to me.

Hopefully the rude are in the minority in your area and switching to a pharmacy that actually appreciates your cash will help.
  • I'm glad you sent an email! He was totally out of his scope of practice, being judgemental and rude. So why don't ya just take them somewhere else now? Anyway good for you! Not only is it bad business it's wrong to "make" people(us) feel like that.
    Take care!!!!!!!
  • Please let us know what corporate says about this. I would be very interested in finding out what possesed this idiot to do what he did to you.
  • Before you leave for another pharmacist print out this page and leave it in his in box, Maybe he needs to hear from more than one person. At the very least it will make him think twice the next time. :))(
advertisement