Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

just out of surgery

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,578
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:22 AM in New Member Introductions
hello all, i am jay. i am 31 married. i had neck surgery mon the 12th of aug (2 days ago) and that is why i am here, to ask some question. since this is the intro area i will post my questions somewhere else. glad to be here.
advertisement

Comments

• Wish it was under better circumstances, but this board is a good place to get support.

dixiechick :H
  • Hi Scubajay30 and I hope you have a speedy recovery from your surgery. When you feel up to it, I would like to know what kind of surgery procedure you had, how long was it, and was it inpatient or outpatient surgery.
    GOD BLESS TO ALL
    KC
  • advertisement
  • to have you. Welcome to SH. I am not a "neckie" but there are plenty members here that are. Am sure you will find the support you are looking for and good luck in your recovery.
  • scubajay- welcome to site and hope you find the answers you need. I have cervical problems and pain (among other stuff). I did not have neck surgery but I did have back surgery. Hope you have a speedy recovery.... :))) jade
  • to SH. I will look forward to seeing you around the forum.
  • advertisement
  • I am scheduled for a laminectomy in 1 week. L4 and L5, doesn't know if he will have to do the fusion until he gets in there. Have heard anywhere from 1-5 days hospital stay and 2-6 weeks recovery. The unknown is kind of scary - any tips appreciated. Andrea
  • Welcome to spine Health. Ask away :)

Christina
  • hi Jay, hope your doing good with your recovery,tell us more
    I used to scuba dive,I just loved it, it is like being in a different world down their, have you ever had any scary experiences diving?I have, all of a sudden no air ex hubby finally looked back and we shared to get up, we were only about 45 feet but it seemed like 100, im smiling just thinking about those days,if not for your post i would not even thought about all that fun
    and paulgia you dive too, gee alot of things in common,
  • andrea- welcome also to site. It would be a good idea to get your house ready for the post-op experience including supplies, foods, drinks, linens, clothes, things to do like books, TV, CDs, movies etc.. There are lists here somewhere that can help alot..It would help to have someone to help as it may be difficult to get around as easy. They can get the meds you need post-op as well as you will need a ride home anyway. :-C
    I had to use a walker and I had to get around the house without bumping into anything. And I fell asleep alot and had to take several meds. I) I also had an elevated toilet seat that helped alot.... :))) jade
  • Welcome, you have come to the right place! We wanna know all about ya! We all share and learn from one another!--Mazy
advertisement