Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

need some advice, not sure what to do

gar0262ggar0262 Posts: 164
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:22 AM in Spinal Injections
I'm stumped as to what to do. I've just had my 1st ESI couple days ago. The day after was pretty good, but today I feel like it's back to the same way, tight, and achy, with numbness and tingling down the legs. My n/s has had me out of work for the past 3 1/2 weeks, with a return to work on Monday Aug. 18. My husband is wanting me to see if the dr. will keep me out of work until I at least have the 2nd shot, which is not scheduled till Sept. 4. He, like I, am afraid I will get back to work, and get back to hurting and such that I will have to go back out on med leave. Then I will have to do my weeks waiting period, to start med leave pay all over again. My job is very physical, I work on a shipping dock packing heavy parts, and operating a towmotor.Ok, so to get to the point, what has been your experience with working and having the shots? Am I hurting myself by going back to work before the 2nd shot, or would it really make a difference? Just curious as to what your experiences have been.


  • Hi Glor,

    I was advised off work for 2 weeks post injection to allow a rebound reaction (worse b4 better) and actually got the rebound at 3 weeks! The next one i had they told me to wait for the rebound, which was 10 days ish then take sick time. Each time I have felt like I have been kicked by a horse and the only improvement comes when I return to my normal level of pain! he he!

    Good Luck.

    I would suggest if your job is heavy, see if you can do light duties for a while? I hope your boss is understanding, if they are, be honest with your fears. You may be able to find a happy medium btn working and taking a break when/if the rebound kicks in.

    Take Care and listen to your body!
  • I'd say if you're not ready or unsure, talk with your boss and see if the two of you can work something out. Good luck!!
  • advertisement
  • Thanks for the answers I appreciate your help. This morning my pain and numbness has increased again so I called the dr. and asked him to extend my med leave. So I am out till I have my follow appt with him on the 29th of this month. I was surprised that my dr. didn't have me out for while after shot, but not knowing how it would go didn't question him. Don't get me wrong he is a good dr., recommended by several, but I just didn't know enuff about all this to know the questions to ask. But thanks to everyone on here and the info available I am getting the info and answers I need to help me be informed.
Sign In or Register to comment.